William Grant & Sons Cookie Notice
We recommend that you read our cookies policy so that you are aware of how we use them and can take steps to reject
or delete the cookies if you do not agree to them being used.
delete the cookies if you do not agree
to them being used.
- 1.2Cookies are small text files stored on your device and used by
website operators in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide
information to the operators of the website or certain third parties. Each cookie usually contains a
unique string of characters, which allows a website to distinguish your browser or device from other
Website, to enable you to share content using social media, and to provide you with embedded content
from third parties. We also sometimes use cookie type technologies in emails to identify how users come
to this Website so that we can evaluate and measure the effectiveness of our email marketing.
- 1.4We may combine information collected via cookies with information such as your IP address, the type of browser, device,
and operating system, for example to provide statistical information about visitors to the Website. Where this Website
- 1.5The cookies that we currently use on the Website are summarised in more detail below. We recommend that you read our
cookies policy so that you are aware of how we use them and can take steps to reject or delete the cookies if you do not
agree to them being used.
- 1.6In this cookies policy, we use the term "cookie" to mean a cookie and any other similar technology, such as web beacons,
local stored objects, and pixel tags.
- 2.1Cookies that are essential to the operation of the Website are set
automatically. These are described in section 3.1 below.
- 2.2We also use analytics cookies on this Website to help us understand
how it is used. Our use of analytics cookies is described in section 3.2 below. Unless you use the
cookie control to opt-out, the analytics cookies will be set automatically upon closing clicking
"save and close" in the cookie control.
- 2.3The other cookies described in this policy will only be set where you have given your consent. You can control your
consent using the cookie control on the Website.
reconfirm your consent to cookies when you register for certain services or activate a certain function
We use the following cookies on this Website:
- 3.1Strictly Necessary. These cookies are
essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features, such as accessing
secure areas of the Website. Without these cookies, services that you have asked for cannot be provided.
These cookies are set automatically.
- 3.2Analytical/performance cookies. They
allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around this Website
when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way this Website works, for example, by ensuring
that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- 3.3Functionality cookies. These are used
to recognise you when you return to this Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you,
greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- 3.4Targeting cookies. These cookies
record your visit to this Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will
use this information to make this Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your
interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- 3.5Third Party Cookies. In addition to
the cookies listed above, we also use the following third-party cookies for performance and functional
purposes, to provide additional function and to make it easier for you to share content on this Website.
These are cookies that are set by a third party when you access this Website and controlled by that
- 3.6When you interact with our Websites, both we and certain third parties (such as our advertising networks, digital
advertising partners and social media platforms) collect information about your online activities, over time and across
third-party websites (such as on websites that serve our ads). We may use such information to provide you with
advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. We also may obtain information for this
purpose from third-party websites on which our ads are served. You may see certain ads on other websites because we
engage third-party ad buying networks through which we target our messaging to users through demographic, interest-based
and contextual means. The information our ad networks collect on our behalf may include data about your visits to
websites that serve our advertisements, such as the pages or advertisements you view and the actions you take on the
websites. This data collection takes place both on our Websites and on third-party websites that participate in these ad
networks. This process helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. To learn how to opt out of this ad
network interest-based advertising, click here: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- 3.7We may also use “Social Media” cookies to personalize your interaction with third party social media platforms, such as
Instagram and Facebook, where our Website uses such features. Such cookies recognize users of these social media sites
when you view social media content on our Website. They also allow you to quickly share content across media, through
the use of simple “sharing” buttons. We use the following Social Media cookies: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube,
LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Tumblr. For further information about those Social Media cookies please see here:
- 3.8A list of the cookies used on this Website can be found at the bottom of this notice.
- 4Accepting and rejecting cookies
- 4.1Other than those cookies listed as being strictly necessary for the operation of this Website, we will not deploy any
cookies without your consent. You can provide consent through use of OneTrust technology or by amending your browser
settings – more information on this is in section 4.3 below.
- 4.2Some cookies are strictly necessary to allow you to use the website
and its features, such as storing items in your basket. Without these cookies these features cannot be
provided which may impair the functionality of the website meaning you are unable to shop on our
- 4.3You can select the cookies you would like this website to store on
your device by changing your browser settings. Each browser allows you to restrict or block cookies in
different ways. Details on how to do this in each browser can be found on the ICO website (please note
that we are not responsible for the content of external websites), visit: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/online/cookies/. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org. Below are a few examples of how to adjust your
- In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting
“Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
- In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
- In Google Chrome, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking the “Chrome Menu” on the browser tool bar,
“Settings”, “Show Advanced Settings”, “Privacy”, “Cookies” and select your preferred setting.
- 4.4Within most browsers you can utilise private browsing modes that typically do not save local data associated with the
session, such as cookies. These are typically deleted when you close all the windows.
- 4.5You can install a browser add-on to opt-out of Google Analytics in
your browser across all websites (please note that we are not responsible for the content of external
websites), visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- 4.6Please note that Cookie Control uses a cookie to remember your
preferences. If you clear any cookies from your browser or device, then you will need to reactivate your
Cookie Control preferences when you next visit this Website.
This cookies policy may be amended by us at any time. Please check this page periodically so that you are aware of any changes
- 6.1For further information from us on any of this Cookie Notice or for any queries relating to them, please contact us by
email at email@example.com or write to us at William Grant & Sons Ltd, The Old Court House, 7 Parkshot, Richmond
Cookie, Local storage, Pixel etc.)
This cookie is used to
distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client
This cookie is used to
distinguish unique users.
This cookie is used to
throttle request rate to Google Analytics.